ODB++ Solutions Alliance Community forum ODB++ Forum brd2odb.log does not exsit

This topic contains 9 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Chun Yan Koay 5 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Daniel_Huang
    Participant

Unable to export odb++ in allegro 16.6. I am getting error “C:\brd2odb.log does not exsit”

SANGEETHA RAM
    Participant

Hi,

If you have set the variable BRD2ODB_TMP already, the log file can be found under the path that this variable points to.
    Else please set this variable(eg. BRD2ODB_TMP=C:\temp).

Also please verify that this variable ALLEGRO_BRD2ODB points to the location where you installed ODB++ Inside.

Please mail to odb_inside@mentor.com for further assistance.

Thanks and regards,
    Sangeetha.

Daniel Hu, I’m getting the same error. Were you able to solve it? My variables are set exactly as described by Sangeetha. Any other ideas?
    thanks, John C.

Having the same problem, unable to create log file when exporting.
    Variables setted correctly to:

ALLEGRO_BRD2ODB=
    C:\MentorGraphics\ODB++_Inside_Cadence_Allegro\brd2odb_100

BRD2ODB_TMP=
    C:\Temp

Did you managed to solve it?

Same problem. How did you solve that?
    Thanks,
    Alessandro

srooney
    Participant

I have the same issue. It fails after the extacts are done and then indicates it can’t find the log to display what happened during the process. I checked the directory specified by BRD2ODB_TMP but it is not there either.
    Has anyone had success using v10 of odb_inside?

Nick Nguyen

I had this error message too and then it would not open ODB++ UI window, instead it export uncompressed ODB++ files (files with extension .out) . OrCad tech support had no idea. I attempted to run brd2odb.exe (in folder ODB++_Inside_Cadence_Allegro) by itself but it gave a error message of missing msvcp120.dll. I found a tip to fix this dll file from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/missing-msvcp120dll-file/f0a14d55-73f0-4a21-879e-1cbacf05e906?auth=1, and installed both 32-bit and 64-bit of Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable package. After rebooting my PC, it worked. Latest version of OBD++ Inside I just installed was 101 (ODB++_Inside_Cadence_Allegro_101_Windows_64_SA_Setup.exe). Hope this helps if you had the same problem.

In my case my BRD2ODB_TMP was set, but the folder had been deleted. I recreated the folder and this resolved the issue.

Thomas Cole

What settings file can i find the variables below ?

ALLEGRO_BRD2ODB=
    C:\MentorGraphics\ODB++_Inside_Cadence_Allegro\brd2odb_100

BRD2ODB_TMP=
    C:\Temp

Cheers
    Tom

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Thomas Cole.

Hi Nick,
    Do you able to translate your board to odb++ just by clicking it directly from C:\MentorGraphics\ODB++_Inside_Cadence_Allegro\brd2odb_110. For my case, I didn’t face with msvcp120.dll problem but translation still failed. It only happened on Win 10 OS environment. May I know which OS environment you are working now?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.