ODB++ Solutions Alliance Community forum ODB++ Forum E- *Error* Valor Extract: failure running extraction

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Victor 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I just installed the latest ODB on a newly setup computer. Cadence is running fine and I’m able to generate the Allegro outputs. I just installed the ODB S/W. When I run the ODB output, it generates a set of .out files, then fails with:

Allegro Transcript: E- *Error* Valor Extract: failure running extraction

When I open the extract.log file, there’s an error at the bottom.
    #
    COMPOSITE_PAD
    ERROR(SPMHDX-21): Not enough output files for the requested views.

Any suggestions?

Eli Yeh

Hello

I think you installed the file “ODB_Inside_Cadence_Allegro_102_32_64_SA_Setup_WIN.zip”,
    how about try Cadence 17.2 to export ODB, I also have the same problem when I use Cadence 16.6.

If you don’t have Cadence 17.2, probably you need to find the ODB version “ODB_Inside_Cadence_Allegro_101_32_64_SA_Setup_WIN.zip”.

Hope it helps you!

Diana Testa

I received the same error and tried looking on your site for the 10.1 version but was unsuccessful. Any ideas on where we can find the “ODB_Inside_Cadence_Allegro_101_32_64_SA_Setup_WIN.zip”?

Thanks,
    Diana

I had the same error message in allegro “Allegro Transcript: E- *Error* Valor Extract: failure running extraction” and in the log file “ERROR(SPMHDX-21): Not enough output files for the requested views.”

Although I wouldn’t call this a fix, I found a temporary solution.

I was able to run the Program outside of allegro and point it the appropriate .brd file and it worked as normal.

the default file path for the progam is “C:\MentorGraphics\ODB++_Inside_Cadence_Allegro\brd2odb_102”

from there run brd2obd.exe

this worked for me running allegro 16.6 with obd++ version 10.2

Also in the same folder as brd2obd.exe there is a very helpful .pdf, on page 6 it tells you how to run the program “stand alone” instead in allegro.

Jim
    Participant

I just now downloaded the 10.2 files (they are all dated June 5 2018) and I had the same problem. I sent in a bug report (“contact us”) and got an almost immediate reply with a corrected valor_ext.il file. I would expect the corrected file to be available soon as part of the 10.2 download.

Josh Spiegel

I had the same error. I contacted the support group and an updated valor_ext.il file was emailed to me within minutes.

Sujit Rokde

I am trying to create odb++ file but i get following error please solve the issue

E- *Error* Valor Extract: failure running extraction

ksr93
    Participant

I have same problem to export ODB++ at Allegro Cadence.
    Please, Let me know the solution quickly.
    Thanks.

Allegro Transcript: E- *Error* Valor Extract: failure running extraction

When I open the extract.log file, there’s an error at the bottom.
    #
    COMPOSITE_PAD
    ERROR(SPMHDX-21): Not enough output files for the requested views.

L JJ

I am trying to create odb++ file but i get following error please solve the issue

E-*Error* Valor Extract : failure running extraction

Victor
    Participant

I am also getting this error. I have tried the solutions mentioned her but I am still experiencing failure.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.